The RMS Carpathia was a transatlantic passenger steamer, built around the turn of the 20th century in Newcastle in Britain. The ship was officially christened on August 6, 1902. The Cunard Line left the Carpathia make its maiden voyage in May 1903.
The Carpathia has become known as the ship that picked up the 705 people in lifeboats on the night of April 14, 1912, after the RMS Titanic had come into collision with an iceberg and then sank. The Carpathia, who left on April 11, 1912 was on his way from New York to Fiume (today Rijeka), and heard the CQD distress signal from the Titanic. Around four o'clock in the morning the boat arrived at the scene of the disaster, and took the survivors on board.
The Carpathia stood for trust, reliability, acted as a partner at the right time and provided a future for many.